Cream Health Care are seeking to recruit several experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers to work in Supported Living and Retirement Villages in and around Newcastle under Lyme, Hanley and Stoke on Trent. We have various hours available: earlies, lates and night shifts.
There are 5 different schemes that we are currently supporting, all of them are different although a typical Retirement village would have anything up to 150 apartments. The people who live there would all be over 55 and most of them would only require support with meal preparation, cleaning or perhaps prompting with medication. There is not a lot of hoisting or personal care involved, but you would need to be prepared to do this if necessary.
To fit with the role of Care Assistant you will:
- Have a minimum of six months experience in the care sector – either in the community or residential care
- Have an enhanced DBS either with the update service or willing to pay £50 for your DBS. Don’t worry we will encourage you to register with the update service once received.
- Have a passion to deliver great care and support.
- Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all clients with dignity and respect
- Cheerful – to wow the tenants and keep them happy.
- Good spoken English – the tenants love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst delivering great care
- Be willing to deliver personal care to certain tenants
- Record Keeping – you will keep all records up to date as you move from one client to another
HOURS OF WORK
Various shifts to meet the hours you want – Early, Lates, Long Days or Nights.
We will work your rota around your lifestyle commitments and weekly availability.
THE GOOD STUFF
Cream Care will offer you:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked
- Contract – you will be a ‘temp’. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs – then returned to Cream Care
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Mandatory Training – free on line training, including Medication training plus free annual training updates
- Free Uniform
- Support from the office
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
Apply now or call us for a chat. We look forward to hearing from you.
Cream Health Care are a health and social care recruitment agency based in the West Midlands and we specialise in recruiting Care Assistants, Support Workers, Senior Carers and Nurses within Nursing, Residential care and Supported living throughout Staffordshire, Shropshire and the West Midlands. We are always looking for experienced carers with a passion for care to join our team. If this interests you, please send a copy of your CV to us or ring us today for a chat.