Cream Health Care are seeking to recruit a passionate, dedicated, experienced Care Assistant to work in a Supported Living Retirement Village in Newcastle under Lyme. You choose the days and shifts you wish to work.
The people who live in the retirement village are all over 55 and most of them would only require support with meal preparation, cleaning or perhaps prompting with medication. There is not a lot of hoisting or personal care involved, but you would need to be prepared to do this if necessary.
To fit with the role of Care Assistant you will:
- Have a minimum of six months experience in the care sector – either in the community or residential care
- Have an enhanced DBS either with the update service or willing to obtain a DBS. Don’t worry we will encourage you to register with the update service once received.
- Have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
- Have a passion to deliver great care and support.
- Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all clients with dignity and respect
- Cheerful – to wow the tenants and keep them happy.
- Good spoken English – the tenants love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst delivering great care
- Be willing to deliver personal care to certain tenants
- Record Keeping – you will keep all records up to date as you move from one client to another
HOURS OF WORK
Various shifts to meet the hours you want – Early, Lates, Long Days or Nights.
We will work your rota around your lifestyle commitments and weekly availability giving you a great work life balance.
As a Care Assistant for Cream Care we will offer you:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of hourlo pay
- Contract – you will be a ‘temp’. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs – then returned to Cream Care
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Mandatory Training – free on line training, including Medication training plus free annual training updates
- Free Uniform
- Pension Contributions
- Hourly pay of £10.50 for days and £11.10 for nights
- Support from the office
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We would love to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Care Assistant, Support Worker, Care Worker or Carer supplying personal care and you live in Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Stoke-On-Trent, Hanley or the surrounding area such as Clayton, Wolstanton, Bradwell, Chesterton, Knutton or Silverdale.
Apply now or call us for a chat. We look forward to hearing from you!