We are seeking to recruit an experienced Care Assistant to work either days or nights in a modern, purpose built dementia care home in Stafford. The home is a gold standard care home that is organised into small clusters of residents. Each cluster has its own lounge and kitchen and every room is nicely furnished with en-suite toilet and showering facilities.The Manager leads from the front and is hands on with her care team, they have recently achieved a 'Good' CQC rating so you know you will be working somewhere that provides a good standard of care.
To fit with Cream Care, and for Cream Care to fit with you, you need to consider:
- Have you a minimum of 6 months recent experience as a Care Worker in a residential home.
- Commitment – once you accept a shift you will commit to working that shift. We don’t want staff who fail to attend once a shift is accepted. If we can’t fill that shift with another member of staff it puts the staff at the home under pressure. The residents then don’t get the care they need
- Do you drive to work? The location of this residential home is in on the outskirts of Stafford town so it would be good if you drive.
- Good Timekeeping – it is professional to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the shift
- Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all residents with dignity and respect
- Wide Awake! Yes, no sleeping on the job – especially on night shifts. Sounds unbelievable, but believe us – we have had staff who have tried this. Yes, they are no longer with us!
- Focus – when at work your focus is on the team you are working with and the residents you are caring for – no mobile phone in your pocket while on shift!
- Cheerful – to wow the residents and keep us happy. We love our cheerful staff popping in to share their news with us
- Good spoken English – the residents love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst delivering great care
- Record Keeping – you will keep all records up to date as you move from one resident to another
THE GOOD STUFF
Cream Care will offer you:
- Weekly pay
- £9.42 for days and £9.84 for nights
- 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked
- Contract – you will be a ‘temp’. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs – then returned to Cream Care
- Training – free on line training, including Medication training plus free annual training updates
- Free Uniform
- Support – our care staff call us their ‘mentors’
HOURS OF WORK
- The shifts are 08.00 - 20.30 on days and 20.00 - 08.30 on nights and the pay rate is £9.42 for days and £9.84 for nights
- You will be offered 37.5 hours per week with overtime and will initially start your work at that home on an agency basis but if you prove yourself you will quickly be offered the opportunity to transfer across to work permanently with the Client
Apply now or call us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.