We are looking for an experienced Care Assistant to join our team, you will be working with one of our clients, a supported living scheme in Telford – you decide the shifts and days you wish to work!
We are an established, respected, social care agency whose reputation is built on the quality of our team and as such we want to build strong, long lasting relationships with you and ensure you only work where you will thrive.
As an Extra Care Care Assistant working in our clients Supported Living Scheme, you will visit the tenants and see to their needs, ensuring they are happy and enjoying life in their individual home within the stylish apartment scheme.
The people who live here will all be over 55 and most of them would only require support with meal preparation, cleaning or perhaps prompting with medication. There is not a lot of hoisting or personal care involved, but you would need to be prepared to do this if necessary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing personal care to residents when needed
- Providing care, support and encouragement to Residents in all areas / activities of daily living
- Ensuring the respect, dignity and rights to privacy of Residents
- Working as part of a team along with permanent staff at each home
- Engaging in relaxed and fun conversation to brighten the day of the residents
We are committed to safeguarding and as such all successful candidates:
- Must have a minimum of six months, recent and relevant care experience
- Will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Where you are not registered with the DBS update service, the cost of the DBS will be £50
- Must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt
- Have completed all mandatory training
Working as a Care Assistant for Cream Care you will receive excellent benefits such as:
- Flexible working hours - you pick the days and shifts you wish to work!
- Free update training
- Online access to your rotas and payslips
- 28 days holiday pro rota - +12% of hourly pay
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account
- The opportunity to expand your skills set
- Full support from the team back at base
- Hourly pay rate of £9.41 per hour for days and £9.83 per hour for nights
We have a variety of shifts available including weekdays, weekends, earlies, lates and nights currently available. We know your work/life balance is important and we will work with you to ensure that you get the balance right by building strong relationships with you.
If you live in Telford, Hadley, Dawley, Shifnal, Madeley, Ironbridge or surrounding areas of Telford and have recent experience as a Care Assistant, Support Worker or Personal Assistant providing; then please apply now or call us for a chat.
We look forward to hearing from you.