We are seeking Care Assistants or Support Workers for flexible agency hours to work with one of our clients in a care home that provides residential care for the elderly. This amazing home is purpose built for Dementia residents and offers residential and nursing care. All our staff who work here for Cream give us such great feedback and are keen to pick up the new shifts as soon as they are rang in. The home also loves our staff as much as our staff love working there – many of our staff have joined the home as permanent members of staff!!
Working with Cream Care will give you flexibility as you choose the hours and days you work each week. You just let us know each week when you are available and we will work with you.
By joining Cream Care as a Care Worker you will be joining a family run business. Jenny, our boss established the agency ‘Cream’ over 40 years ago but over the last 12 years we have grown by respecting and working with our health care professionals. You will be part of a team of the very best staff who work in the best residential homes – yes, we hand pick the homes we work with to ensure they welcome our amazing staff.
You will be treated by our team at ‘base’ with respect. We will take care of you – if we don’t take care of you then you won’t take care of the residents you will be working with!
Once you are ‘on board’ as one of our flexible workers you will have the opportunity to work at a number of homes in addition to this home and you will then choose to work in the homes you thrive in. If you live in Stafford – we have a number of great homes in and around Stafford and also some in Cannock, Rugeley and even in Stone! You will always receive feedback at the end of your first shift in a new home.
To fit with Cream Care, and for Cream Care to fit with you, you need to consider:
· Have you a minimum of 6 months recent experience as a Care Worker in a residential home.
· Commitment – once you accept a shift you will commit to working that shift. We don’t want staff who fail to attend once a shift is accepted. If we can’t fill that shift with another member of staff it puts the staff at the home under pressure. The residents then don’t get the care they need
· Do you drive to work? The location of this residential home is in on the outskirts of Stafford town so it would be good if you drive.
· Good Timekeeping – it is professional to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the shift
· Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all residents with dignity and respect
· Wide Awake! Yes, no sleeping on the job – especially on night shifts. Sounds unbelievable, but believe us – we have had staff who have tried this. Yes, they are no longer with us!
· Focus – when at work your focus is on the team you are working with and the residents you are caring for – no mobile phone in your pocket while on shift!
· Cheerful – to wow the residents and keep us happy. We love our cheerful staff popping in to share their news with us
· Good spoken English – the residents love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst delivering great care
· Record Keeping – you will keep all records up to date as you move from one resident to another
· Work either full time for Cream or pick up additional shifts around your permanent job – whatever hours you are looking for Cream will work with you.
We are committed to safeguarding; all successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Where you are not registered with the DBS update service, the cost of the DBS will be £50.
All applicants must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
THE GOOD STUFF
Cream Care will offer you:
· Weekly pay £9.55 for days and £10.05 for Nights
· 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked
· Contract – you will be a ‘temp’. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs – then returned to Cream Care
· Training – free on line training, including Medication training plus free annual training updates
· Free Uniform
· Support – our care staff call us their ‘mentors’
· Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
HOURS OF WORK
· Days are 0800 – 2030 and a night shift is 20.00 – 08.30 and you can choose how many shifts you work each week.
Come and join us – you won’t be a name on a list. We carefully select staff for shifts based on
· Are you dependant on us to pay your rent/mortgage?
· Have you had the hours you need this week
· Do you love working at the home where the shift is
· Will the home jump for joy when we tell them it’s you doing the shift
"I have worked for a number of recruitment companies. Cream Health and Social Care is outstanding and earns my excellent mark. They are highly professional, approachable and friendly. They see their employees not as numbers on their list but as team members. They are polite, exhibit superlative telephone manners. Clement Cream Care Worker
Working as a Care Worker with Cream is all about YOU. You are the one that makes the Cream Team great!
Interested? Please give us a call or send your CV. Looking forward to hearing from you