As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for experienced Children's Support Workers or Adult Support Workers looking for a new challenge, to join our team, to work with one of our clients in a small residential children’s home in Brierley Hill. You pick the days and shifts you wish to work and these can be changed weekly to fit around your other commitments - giving you a great work/life balance.
The home has six ensuite rooms for children and young people with multiple disabilities and complex health needs. The home provides accommodation for both settled care, short breaks and outreach. These temp roles could go permanent if you find you thrive in the home, however if you decide this home isn't for you, we can offer you shifts in other residential homes nearby.
The role of Children's Support Worker involves:
- Working along with the rest of the team of Support Workers to carry out personal care
- Providing domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning whilst encouraging the children and young people to assist or prepare meals with your guidance
- Provide a warm, safe and nurturing environment for the children and young people to grow
- Community access when required
To be suitable for this role as a Children's Support Worker, you will need to have:
- At least 6 months relevant care experience
- Previous experience with challenging behaviour and or intervention training.
- An enhanced DBS covering Children and Young People – preferably with the update service
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the children thrive in their personal lives and also in their education
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts - days or waking nights 8-8 shift patterns
As a Children's Support Worker, you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Full support from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Pension contributions
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Children's Support Worker or Adult Support Worker sector willing to receive training and support to use your transferable skills based in Brierley Hill or any of the surrounding areas such as Pensnett, Kingswinford, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Netherton, Dudley, Cradley and Quarry Bank.
Apply now or call us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.