As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for experienced Children's Support Workers to join our team to work with one of our clients in a small residential children’s short break home in the Brierley Hill area. These temp roles could go permanent if you find you thrive in the home. We are looking for committed, flexible staff who we can mentor and ensure you have work in the homes that best suit you.
The home has six ensuite rooms offering short breaks for children and young people with physical and learning disabilities.
The role involves:
- Working along with the permanent Children's Support Workers to ensure the children and young people have fun during their short break
- Ensuring the young guests try new activities, socialise and make friends
- Promote independence of the young people
- Encourage the guests to enjoy the garden, have a go on the ground level trampoline or the go cart track in the garden
- Accompany the young people to enjoy the cinema, bowling alley, parks, soft play areas and shopping centres.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience supporting children and young people in a Support Worker role
- Previous experience with challenging behaviour and or intervention training.
- An enhanced DBS covering Children and Young People – ideally with the update service
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts - days or waking nights 8-8 shift patterns
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Support from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Children's Support Worker or Support Worker Adults in the Learning Difficulties sector willing to receive training and support to use your transferable skills based in Brierley Hill or any of the surrounding areas such as Netherton, Dudley, Cradley and Quarry Bank.
We are always looking for experienced carers with a passion for care to join our team. If this interests you, please send a copy of your CV to us or ring us today for a chat.