We are a leading healthcare agency we are looking for experienced Children’s Support Workers to join our team to work with one of our clients in a small residential children’s home in Cannock. These temp roles could go permanent if you find you thrive in the home. We are looking for committed, flexible staff who we can mentor and ensure you have work in the homes that best suit you.
The home has eight beds for children with multiple disabilities and you will provide a warm and nurturing environment for the children to help them develop and grow.
The Children’s Support Worker role involves:
- Working along with the team of Support Workers to carry out personal care
Providing domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Provide a warm, safe and nurturing environment for the children and young people to grow
- Community access when required
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience working with children and young people in a Children’s Support Worker role
- Previous experience with challenging behaviour and or intervention training.
- An enhanced DBS covering Children and Young People – either with the update service or willing to pay £50 for your DBS. Don’t worry, we will encourage you to register with the update service once your DBS is received.
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the children thrive in their personal lives and also in their education
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts - days or waking nights 8-8 shift patterns
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Support from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Children’s Support Worker or Support Worker in the Adult Learning Difficulties sector willing to receive training to use your transferable skills based in Cannock or any of the surrounding areas such as Pye Green, Huntingdon, Hednesford, Burntwood, or Chadsmoor.
We are always looking for experienced carers with a passion for care to join our team. If this interests you, please send a copy of your CV to us or ring us today for a chat.