As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for an experienced Children's Support Worker to join our team to work with one of our clients in a small residential children’s home in the Telford area. These temp roles can go permanent if you find you enjoy working in the home. The home has six ensuite rooms for young people with multiple disabilities and complex needs. The home enjoys two spacious living rooms, dining room, sensory room and garden. The home provides for settled care, short breaks and outreach.
The role involves:
- Working along with the team of Support Workers to carry out personal care
- Providing domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning whilst encouraging the young people to assist or prepare meals with your guidance and support
- Provide a warm, safe and nurturing environment for the children and young people to grow
- Community access when required
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience working with young people in a Children's Support Worker role
- Previous experience with challenging behaviour and or intervention training.
- An enhanced DBS covering Children and Young People – ideally with the Update Service
- A passion to deliver great care to motivate and ensure the young people thrive in their personal lives and also in their education
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
12 hour shifts - days or waking nights 8-8 shift patterns
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate (£9.80 - £10.08 per hour)
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Mentoring from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Childrens Support Worker, Care Worker or Support Worker in the Adult Learning Disabilities sector willing to receive training to use your transferable skills based in Telford or any of the surrounding areas such as Madeley, Dawley, Wellington, Ketley, Hadley, Stirchley and Donnington.
We are always looking for experienced carers with a passion for care to join our team. If this interests you, please send a copy of your CV to us or ring us today for a chat.