As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for an experienced Male Adult Support Worker to join our team. You will be working in a supported living scheme for residents with learning disabilities near Smethwick and in return you will receive weekly pay direct in to your bank account, flexible working - allowing you to have complete flexibility around your other commitments, holiday pay (+12% of hourly pay), full support from the team at base, free update training, on-line access to your rota and the opportunity to expand your skill set.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working one to one with your male service user who will be able bodied with Learning Disabilities
- Providing guidance for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the service user
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life via great social activities
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience working with adults in a residential Support Worker role
- Previous experience with learning and physical disabilities.
- A passion to deliver great care to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks due to the nature of the role and you must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
We have a variety of shifts available including long days, earlies, lates, nights and weekend and we are happy to work with any availability however we cannot offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the homes that we work with.
You will receive a salary of £8.95 per hour plus holiday pay.
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Support Worker, Personal Assistant providing personal care, Care Worker or a Carer based in Smethwick or surrounding areas such as Bearwood, West Bromwich, Smethwick, Wednesbury, Wellington, Sandwell, Oldbury and Dudley.
Please apply now or call us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Some of our roles require male or female workers only. Where this is advertised, it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.