As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for an experienced Adult Support Worker to join the Cream Team. You will be working in a supported living scheme for residents with learning disabilities near Cannock. The shifts are 12 hour either days or nights, you decide which shifts and days you wish to work.
You will receive excellent benefits such as weekly pay direct into your bank account, free update training, full support from the team back at base, on-line access to rota and payslips, confirmation of all shifts (plus reminders!) via SMS and the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working one to one with your service user who will be able bodied with Learning Disabilities
- Providing guidance for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the service user
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life with social activities
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience working with adults in a Support Worker role
- Received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
- Previous experience with learning and physical disabilities and some challenging behaviour
- An enhanced DBS covering Adults – ideally with the update service
- A passion to deliver great care to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
- Two references, one of which must be in social care.
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Mentoring from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a support worker, personal assistant providing personal care, care assistant, care worker or a carer based in Cannock or any of the surrounding areas such as Heath Hayes, Great Wyrley, Huntingdon, Hednesford, Burntwood, Bloxwich, Littlewood or Brownhills.
Please apply now or call us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are committed to safeguarding; all successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Where you are not registered with the DBS update service, the cost of the DBS will be £50. All applicants must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you medically exempt. Some of our roles require male or female workers only. Where this is advertised, it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.