We are looking for a dedicated, experienced Support Worker to join our team. You will be working in a small learning disability home in Cannock. In return you will receive excellent benefits such as flexible working hours - you pick the days and shifts you wish to work each week, free update training, online access to your rotas, 28 days holiday pro rota - 12% of hourly pay, weekly pay direct into your bank account, the opportunity to expand your skills set and full support from the team back at base.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working with a service user who could have Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Autism.
- Providing support for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the service user
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life
To be suitable for this Support Worker role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months care experience in a residential care home or learning disability home
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- The right to work in the UK
The successful Support Worker will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks due to the nature of the role and you must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
We have lates, earlies, long days, nights and weekend shifts available and we are happy to work with any availability however we are unable to offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the homes that we work with.
Working for Cream Health & Social Care we will offer you:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of hourly pay
- Contract – you will be a ‘temp’. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs – then returned to Cream Care
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Mandatory Training – free on line training, including Medication training plus free annual training updates
- Free Uniform
- Pension Contributions
- Hourly pay of £9.60 - £10.00 per hour depending on the shift you work
- Support from the office
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We are looking for people with recent paid care experience as a Care Worker, Care Assistant or Support Worker to work shifts on either an ongoing flexible or temporary to permanent basis.
Most homes are on major bus routes so there is no requirement for you to drive and are easily commutable from Huntington, Hednesford, Heath Hayes, Norton Canes, Burntwood, Brownhill, Great Wyrley, Landywood, Featherstone and Cannock.
Apply now or call us, if you’d like to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Cream Health Care are a recruitment agency based in the West Midlands and we specialise in recruiting Care Workers, Care Assistants, Support Workers, Senior Carers and Nurses within Nursing, Residential care and Supported living throughout Staffordshire, Shropshire and the West Midlands. We are always looking for experienced carers with a passion for care to join our team. If this interests you, please send a copy of your CV to us or ring us today for a chat.