As a leading social care agency, we are looking for an experienced Adult Support Worker to join our team. You will be supporting adults who live in a small residential home which specialises in autism. You can pick the days and shifts you wish to work and these hours can be changed weekly to work around your other life commitments - giving you a great work/life balance.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Providing support for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting independence
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the adult you are supporting enjoys a fulfilling life
- Co-ordinating and facilitating activities
To be suitable for this Support Worker role, you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience supporting adults in a residential Support Worker role, ideally be MAYBO trained however this is not essential
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Great spoken English
- Received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccines unless medically exempt
- The right to work in the UK.
We are committed to safeguarding; all successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Where you are not registered with the DBS update service, the cost of the DBS will be £50.
We have various shifts available: earlies, lates, long days, nights and weekends and we are happy to work with any availability however we are unable to offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the homes that we work with. The home is near to a major bus route so there is no requirement for you to drive, although free parking is available on site if you do drive.
As a Support Worker working for Cream Health Care, you will receive:
- £10.10 per hour
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Support from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Support Worker, Personal Assistant providing personal care, Care Worker or Carer based in Gloucester or surrounding areas such as Saint Pauls, Tuffley, Longford, Innsworth, Brockworth or Quedgeley.
Please apply now or call us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.