We are looking to recruit MAYBO trained Support Workers to work for our client, a secure Mental Health Hospital near Loggerheads. We are looking for passionate, dedicated and experienced care workers who wish to have a direct and positive impact on the patients' and residents’ recovery and life.
The locked rehabilitation Mental Health Hospital provides specialist assessments, treatments and rehabilitation for adults and young people with intellectual disabilities, mental health needs, autistic spectrum disorders, including those with varying degrees of challenging behaviours and forensic histories. There are 39 beds across six wards.
You will be working alongside an experienced team of Support Workers and Nurses to support Young People and Adults with Mental health problems, Learning Disabilities and Autism and at all times you will protect the residents and patients from internal and/or external elements and act as a patient and resident Advocate.
As a MAYBO trained Support Worker your duties will also include:
- Assisting the nursing team with the assessment of individual patient / resident needs, planning, delivery and evaluation of care for a number of individuals or groups of patients / residents, including following the clinical risk assessment plan.
- Exercising a reasonable and agreed degree of professional autonomy including making judgements and decisions in order to satisfy the expectations and demands of the job.
- To undertake clinical work related tasks as delegated by senior nursing staff, following appropriate assessment of competency.
- To undertake clinical supervision to further, develop competence and clinical practice.
- To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients / residents.
- To maintain accurate, legible records of care provided, based upon the care plan incorporating all relevant communication and liaison.
- To maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance the quality of care for patients, residents and carers.
- To comply with our clients Health and Safety Policies and Protocols in order to contribute to safe working practices.
There may be a requirement to undertake other duties following appropriate discussion.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- Relevant and up to date MAYBO training
- Recent paid experience in a care setting
- Experience working with young people and/or adults with Learning disabilities, Autism and mental health problems
- An enhanced DBS ideally covering Children and Young People
- A passion to deliver outstanding care and a desire to have a direct positive impact on Young People and/or Adults in your care
In return you will received £10.50 per hour and 28 days holiday per year pro rota (+12% of hourly pay).
Hours of Work
8am – 8pm or 8pm – 8am
You choose the days or nights you wish to work. There are no set amount of shifts you need to work a week so we can offer you complete flexibility around your other commitments.
The hospital is easily commutable from Market Drayton, Crewe, Stoke-On-Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Whitchurch and Stafford.
We understand that there may be some challenging moments in this position however it can also be incredibly rewarding; you will have the support of the permanent team of staff and you will be able to have a direct positive impact on the lives of the residents and patients.
Please apply now or call us for more information if you are a dedicated, passionate MAYBO trained Support Worker.
We look forward from hearing from you.