Here at Cream we are forward thinking and very proactive. We pride ourselves in the standard of our work and the team we have around us. Do you want to work for an honest & respectable agency? Do you have a passion to help others? And want flexible ongoing work? If so then you could be just what you’re looking for.
Joining Cream Care you will work on shifts within a variety of small residential homes. Although our roles are advertised as ‘temporary’ our staff are long term full time (40+ hours) or long term up to 20 hours a week (to boost their income or around studies) – many of our staff have been working with us for over four years! We are seeking flexible staff able to commit to a roster on a long term basis. At Cream Care we look after our ‘Cream Team’ and provide you with support and mentoring.
The adult service users have learning disabilities/challenging behaviour or physical disabilities and you will have a minimum of six months experience with this type of service user. All the homes are friendly with a focus on the homes being the true homes of each service user. You will actively promote independence through your support. You will share meal times with the service users and enjoy the food provided. As you are supporting the residents you will not have break times taken out of your working day.
Working with Cream Care will give you flexibility as you choose the hours and days you work each week. You just let us know each week when you are available and we will work with you.
By joining Cream Care as a Support Worker you will be joining a family run business. Jenny, our boss established the agency ‘Cream’ over 40 years ago but Cream Care is Jenny’s new baby - established in 2009. Over the past nine years we have grown by respecting and working with our health care professionals. You will be part of a team of the very best staff who work in the best residential homes – yes, we hand pick the homes we work with to ensure they welcome our amazing care staff.
You will be treated by our team at ‘base’ with respect. We will take care of you – if we don’t take care of you then you won’t take care of the residents you will be working with!
Once you are ‘on board’ as one of our flexible workers you will have the opportunity to work at a number of homes in addition to this home and you will then choose to work in the homes you thrive in. You will always receive feedback at the end of your first shift in a new home.
To fit with the role of Support Worker you will:
• Have a minimum of six months experience in the care sector – providing support to service users with learning disabilities/challenging behaviour or physical disabilities
• Have an enhanced DBS either with the update service or willing to pay £44 for your DBS. Don’t worry we will encourage you to register with the update service once received.
• Have a passion to deliver great care and support.
• Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all service users with dignity and respect
• Cheerful – to wow the service users and keep them happy.
• Good spoken English – the service users love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst delivering great care
• Be willing to deliver personal care
• Record Keeping – you will keep all records up to date as you move from one client to another
HOURS OF WORK
The shifts are:
• Days or
• Long Days
Let us know the shifts you prefer and we will work the rota to accommodate you.
THE GOOD STUFF
Cream Care will offer you:
• Weekly pay
• 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked
• Contract – you will be a ‘temp’. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs – then returned to Cream Care
• Training – free on line training, including Medication training plus free annual training updates
• Support – our care staff call us their ‘mentors’
• Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
Apply now or give us a call if you’d like to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you.