As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for experienced Adult Support Workers to join our team. You will be working in a small learning disability homes in the Newcastle area. The shifts are 12 hour days 08.00 – 22.00. We are looking for committed, flexible staff who we can mentor and ensure you have work in the homes that best suit you. Many of our staff take a permanent role with the establishments if they enjoy the role and are seeking a more permanent role long term
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working one to one with your service user with Learning Disabilities and/or Physical Disabilities
- Providing support for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the service user
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience supporting adults in a Support Worker role
- Previous experience with learning and physical disabilities.
- An enhanced DBS covering Adults – ideally with the update service
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
- Two references, one of which must be in social care.
We are happy to work with any availability however we are unable to offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the homes that we work with.
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Support from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a support worker, personal assistant providing personal care, care worker or a carer based in Newcastle or surrounding areas such as Wolstanton, Porthill, Basford and any area with easy access to A500.
Please apply now or call us for more information.