As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for an experienced Adult Support Worker to join our team.
You will be working in a small learning disability home in the Newcastle area and you will receive excellent benefits such as:
- flexible working hours - you pick the days and shifts you wish to work
- free update training
- online access to your rotas
- 28 days holiday pro rata - 12% of hourly pay
- weekly pay direct into your bank account
- the opportunity to expand your skills set
- full support from the team back at base
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working one to one with your service user with Learning Disabilities and/or Physical Disabilities
- Providing support for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the service user
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience supporting adults in a Support Worker role
- Previous experience with learning and physical disabilities.
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- The right to work in the UK
We are committed to safeguarding; all successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Where you are not registered with the DBS update service, the cost of the DBS will be £50. All applicants must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
We have lates, earlies, long days, nights and weekend shifts available and we are happy to work with any availability however we are unable to offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the homes that we work with.
In return you receive a salary of £9.01 - £9.84 per hour depending on the shift that you work plus holiday pay (+12%)
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Support Worker, Personal Assistant providing personal care, Care Assistant, Care Worker or a Carer based in Newcastle or surrounding areas such as Wolstanton, Porthill, Basford, Hartshill, Stoke-On-Trent and any area with easy access to A500.
Please apply now or call us for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you!