As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for an experienced Adult Support Workers to join our team. You will be working in a supported living scheme for residents with learning disabilities or a small learning disability home in and around Smethwick. The shifts are 12 hour either days or nights. You choose which days or nights you wish to work.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working one to one with your service user who will be able bodied with Learning Disabilities
- Providing guidance for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the service user
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life via great social activities
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience working with adults in a Support Worker role
- Previous experience with learning and physical disabilities.
- An enhanced DBS covering Adults – ideally with the update service
- Received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
- A passion to deliver great care to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
- Two references, one of which must be in social care.
We are happy to work with any availability however we cannot offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the homes that we work with.
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- £9.01 per hour +12% accrual for holiday pay
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Mentoring from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We are committed to safeguarding; all successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Where you are not registered with the DBS update service, the cost of the DBS will be £50. All applicants must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a support worker, personal assistant providing personal care, care worker or a carer based in Smethwick or surrounding areas such as Bearwood, West Bromwich, Wellington, Sandwell, and Dudley.
Please apply now or call us for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you.