Are you an experienced Support Worker? Have you worked with adults with learning difficulties and/or Autism? We need you! Due to the number of unfilled shifts we have each week we desperately need additional support workers to join Cream Health Care.
We pride ourselves in the standard of our work and the team of support workers we have around us. Do you want to work for an agency that goes out of its way to look after you? Do you have a passion to help others? And want flexible ongoing work? If so then you could be just what you’re looking for.
This home with 10 residents is enjoyed by our staff who work there. We can also offer you work at another 20 small residential homes throughout Stoke on Trent. Although our roles are advertised as ‘temporary’ our staff are long term full time (40+ hours) or long term up to 20 hours a week (to boost their income or around studies) – many of our staff have been working with us for over four years! We are seeking flexible staff able to commit to Cream on a long term basis. At Cream Care we look after our ‘Cream Team’ and provide you with support and mentoring.
The adult service users have learning disabilities/mental health conditions and also Autism and Asperger Syndrome and you will have a minimum of six months experience with this type of service user. You will actively promote independence through your support.
Working with Cream Care will give you flexibility as you choose the hours and days you work each week. You just let us know each week when you are available and we will work with you.
By joining Cream Care as a Support Worker you will be joining a family run business. Jenny, our boss established the agency ‘Cream’ over 40 years ago but Cream Care is Jenny’s new baby - established in 2009. Over the past nine years we have grown by respecting and working with our health care professionals. You will be part of a team of the very best staff who work in the best residential homes – yes, we hand pick the homes we work with to ensure they welcome our amazing care staff.
You will be treated by our team at ‘base’ with respect. We will take care of you – if we don’t take care of you then you won’t take care of the residents you will be working with!
Once you are ‘on board’ as one of our flexible workers you will have the opportunity to work at a number of homes in addition to this home and you will then choose to work in the homes you thrive in. You will always receive feedback at the end of your first shift in a new home.
To fit with the role of Support Worker you will:
• Have a minimum of six months experience in the care sector – providing support to service users with learning disabilities/challenging behaviour or physical disabilities
• Have an enhanced DBS either with the update service or willing to pay £45 for your DBS. Don’t worry we will encourage you to register with the update service once received.
• Have a passion to deliver great care and support.
• Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all service users with dignity and respect
• Cheerful – to wow the service users and keep them happy.
• Good spoken English – the service users love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst delivering great care
• Be willing to deliver personal care
• Record Keeping – you will keep all records up to date as you move from one client to another
HOURS OF WORK – you let us know your availability and choose:
• 08.00 – 14.00
• 14.00 – 20.00
• 08.00 – 20.00
Let us know the shifts you prefer and we will work the rota to suit you.
THE GOOD STUFF
Cream Care will offer you:
• Weekly pay
• 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked
• Contract – you will be a ‘temp’. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs – then returned to Cream Care
• Training – free on line training, including Medication training plus free annual training updates
• Support – our care staff call us their ‘mentors’
• Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
Apply now or give us a call if you’d like to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Unfortunately candidates responding without six months previous residential care experience will not be contacted due to the volume of response.