As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for an experienced Adult Learning Disability Support Worker to join our team. You will be working in a small learning disability home in Telford.
The shifts are 12 hour either days or nights and you pick the days and shifts you wish to work. We are looking for a passionate, committed and flexible person to join the Cream Team.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working with service users who could have Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Autism. There may be some challenging behaviour
- Providing support for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the service user
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience supporting adults in a Support Worker role
- Previous experience with learning and physical disabilities.
- An enhanced DBS covering Adults – ideally with the update service
- Have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 unless medically exempt
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
- Two references, one of which must be in social care.
We are happy to work with any availability however we cannot offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the home that we work with.
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Support from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift – yes, including fire procedures!
We are committed to safeguarding; all successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Where you are not registered with the DBS update service, the cost of the DBS will be £50. All applicants must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt. Some of our roles require male or female workers only. Where this is advertised, it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a support worker, personal assistant providing personal care, care worker or a carer based in Telford or surrounding areas such as Bratton, Wrockwardine, Dawley, Malinslee, Madeley, St Georges, Oakengates, Ketley and Hollyhurst
Please apply now or call us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!