As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for an experienced Adult Support Worker to join our team.You pick the days and shifts you wish to work and these can be changed weekly to fit around your other commitments - giving you a great live/work balaance. You will be working in a supported living scheme near Telford and as well as great pay and flexible working, you will receive weekly pay into your bank account, free update training, full support from the team back at base, on-line access to rota and payslips, confirmation of all shifts (plus reminders!) via SMS and the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge.
We are looking for a passionate, committed and dedicated Support Worker who we can support and build a strong relationship.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Providing support for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting independence of the adults in your care
- Community access when required
- Ensuring the adults you support enjoy a fulfilling life
As a Support Worker you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience supporting adults in a Support Worker, Care Worker or similar role
- Previous experience supporting adults with learning and physical disabilities.
- An enhanced DBS covering Adults – ideally with the update service
- Received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
- Two references, one of which must be in social care.
The shifts are 12 hour either days or nights and you chose the days or nights you wish to work each week.
We are happy to work with any availability however we cannot offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the homes that we work with.
You will receive a salary of £9.60 - £10.42 per hour plus holiday pay (+12%) dependent on the shift you work.
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Support Worker, Personal Assistant providing personal care, Care Worker, Care Assistant or Carer based in Telford or surrounding areas such as Stirchley, Hollinswood, Nedge Hill, Cuckoo Oak, The Wyke or Telford City Centre.
Please apply now or call us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.