Our client is a leading social care provider in the UK and has asked us to recruit for their residential scheme in Telford. The home has seven female service users with learning disabilities, mental health needs and challenging behaviour can be displayed. The CQC rating is good so you would be working at a great home. The shifts are either days or nights. The night shifts are 22.00 – 08.00 – yes you will be carrying out cleaning and laundry duties whilst all service users are tucked up in bed. This is a large detached property with enclosed gardens. Our client is proud of the loyalty of their employees and the long service provided by many. We know this as a fact as we join them for their annual awards ceremony in a top London hotel.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working with a female services who could have Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Autism. There may be some challenging behaviour
- You will work with the team on waking nights to ensure all the service users are safe and happy
- One of the service users, who has lived at the home for many years, is now bed bound and you will be expected to deliver personal care and be familiar with a hoist for moving her
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the ladies
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life
To be suitable for the role of Support Worker you will need to have:
- Have a passion to work with vulnerable adults
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone or as part of a team
- Commitment to achieve a high standard of safeguarding
- A passion to deliver great care to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
And if you have the following it would be ideal
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health needs
- NVQ2 Health & Social Care
In return you will receive:
- £18150 per annum based on a 40 hour week
- Full Induction Programme
- Dedicated learning and development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses on a variety of topics
- Free DBS Check
- Refer a friend scheme – earn up to £250
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee recognition schemes
- Company share save scheme
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a support worker, personal assistant providing personal care, care worker or a carer based in Telford or surrounding areas such as St Georges, Oakengates, Ketley and Hollyhurst.
Please apply now or call us for more information.