Our client is a leading social care provider in the UK and has asked us to recruit for their supported living service in Telford. The home has eleven self-contained apartments fully equipped with ensuite bathroom and kitchen. The shifts are either days or nights. The day shifts are 08.00 – 22.00 and can be split earlies or lates. The waking night shifts are 22.00 – 08.00 – yes you will be carrying out cleaning and laundry duties whilst all service users are relaxed in their apartments. There will be some personal care and the service users have learning disabilities and some have additional mental health needs. Our client is proud of the loyalty of their employees and the long service provided by many. We know this as a fact as we join them for their annual awards ceremony in a top London hotel.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working one to one or two to one with your service user who will be able bodied with Learning Disabilities
- Providing guidance for domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Promoting the independence of the service user
- Community access when to cinema, bowling, library and various local venues and attractions
- Ensuring the service users enjoy a fulfilling life via great social activities
- You will assist them to use their personal budget to do own shopping
To be suitable as a Support Worker you will need to have:
- Have a passion to work with vulnerable adults
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone or as part of a team
- Commitment to achieve a high standard of safeguarding
- A passion to deliver great care to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
And if you have the following it would be ideal
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health needs
- NVQ2 Health & Social Care
- Driving Licence (the home has their own car) to take service users on excursions, doctor visits etc
In return you will receive:
- £18150 per annum based on 40 hour week
- Full Induction Programme
- Dedicated learning and development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses on a variety of topics
- Free DBS Check
- Refer a friend scheme – earn up to £250
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee recognition schemes
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a support worker, personal assistant providing personal care, care worker or a carer based in Telford or surrounding areas such as Madeley, Dawley, Wellington, Ketley, Hadley, Stirchley and Donnington.
Please apply now or call us for more information.