As a leading healthcare agency we are looking for a experienced Children's Support Worker to join our team to work with one of our clients in a small residential children’s short break home in the Telford/Shrewsbury area. The home has five ensuite rooms offering short breaks for children and young people with physical and learning disabilities. We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and experienced Children's Support Worker or Adult Support Worker wishing to move in to the Children's Social Care Sector.
The role involves:
- Working along with the permanent staff to ensure the children and young people have fun during their short break
- Ensuring the young guests try new activities, socialise and make friends
- Promote independence of the young people
- Encourage the guests to enjoy the garden, have a go on the ground level trampoline or the go cart track in the garden
- Accompany the children/young people to enjoy the cinema, bowling alley, parks, soft play areas and shopping centres.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience in a Support Worker role
- Previous experience with challenging behaviour and/or intervention training would be an advantage
- An enhanced DBS covering Children and Young People – ideally with the update service
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the children thrive in their personal lives and also in their education
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts - days or waking nights 8-8 shift patterns
Pay Rate: £8.95 per hour
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Support from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Support Worker in the Learning Difficulties sector (Children or Adults) and you are based in Telford or any of the surrounding areas such as Wellington, Shrewsbury and Admaston.
Apply now or call us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.