We are looking for a dedicated, experienced Support Worker to join our team on an ongoing flexible basis to work in a small residential learning disbailty home in Telford.
In return you will receive excellent benefits such as flexible working hours, free update training, online access to your rotas, 28 days holiday pro rota - 12% of hourly pay, weekly pay direct into your bank account, the opportunity to expand your skills set and full support from the team back at base. You pick the days and shifts you wish to work and these can be changed weekly - giving you complete flexibility around your other commitments.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Working one to one with your service user who will be able bodied with Learning Disabilities
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Co-ordinating and facilitating activities
- Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
- Community access
To be suitable for this Support Worker role you will need to have:
- At least 6 months care experience in a residential care home or learning disability home in a Support Worker or Care Assistant role
- A passion to deliver great care and support to motivate and ensure the adults thrive in the environment
- Good spoken English
- The right to work in the UK
The successful Support Worker will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks due to the nature of the role and you must have received a complete course of an authorised COVID-19 vaccine unless you are medically exempt.
We have lates, earlies, long days, nights and weekend shifts available and we are happy to work with any availability however we are unable to offer school hours due to the shift patterns of the homes that we work with.
You will receive £9.60 - £10.42 (+12% holiday pay) per hour depending on the shift you work.
Most homes are on major bus routes so there is no requirement for you to drive and are easily commutable from Telford, Wellington, Shifnal, Hadley, Donnington, Madeley and Cuckoo Oak.
We are looking for people who are committed to enriching the lives of the adults that they care for and who has recent paid care experience as either a Care Worker, Care Assistant or Support Worker; to work shifts on an ongoing flexible basis.
If this sounds like you, please apply now or call us. We would love to hear from you.