We are seeking to recruit several experienced Support Workers to work in small Learning Disability homes in and around Telford. The homes are all homely and well run, they vary in size although typically there would be between 4 and 6 service users, all of who would have different needs and abilities.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
• Working one to one with your service user who will be able bodied with Learning Disabilities
• Assisting with meal preparation
• Co-ordinating and facilitating activities
• Providing assistance / encouragement with personal care
• Community access
To be a successful Support Worker you will have the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience in the care sector
• Have an enhanced DBS either with the update service or willing to pay £50 for your DBS. (Don’t worry we will encourage you to register with the update service once received.)
• A passion to deliver great care and assistance
• Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all service users with dignity and respect
• Good spoken English
We are looking for people with a minimum of 6 months relevant experience to work shifts on either an ongoing flexible or temporary to permanent basis.
The shifts available are Earlies, Lates and Nights and you would be able to choose which you worked around your availability. We are happy to work with any availability although we cannot offer school hours or less than 18 hours per week.
If you are based in Telford, Hadley or Wellington; have recent experience in the sector and a passion for care, then please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.