Dignity In Action Day 2018
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Today, Thursday 1st February is Dignity In Action Day 2018.
Dignity Action Day is an annual nationwide opportunity for health and social care workers, and members of the public to uphold people's rights to dignity and provide a truly memorable day for people who use care services.
Cream Health Care believe that dignity is at the heart of care and during induction, we urge all of our new members of the team to become Dignity Champions. If you believe passionately that being treated with dignity is a basic human right, not an optional extra, then please become a Dignity Champion too.
As part of Dignity In Action day we would like to share the 10 Dignity Do’s. The 10 Dignity Do’s were created by The National Dignity Council as a result of numerous focus groups that took place around the country to find out what Dignity in Care meant to people.
The issues raised at these events resulted in the development of the 10 Point Dignity Challenge (now the 10 Dignity Do's). The challenge describes values and actions that high quality services that respect people's dignity should hold.
10 Dignity Do's
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
- Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family
- Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- Listen and support people to express their needs and wants
- Respect people's right to privacy
- Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution
- Engage with family members and carers as care partners
- Assist people to maintain confidence and positive self-esteem
- Act to alleviate people's loneliness and isolation
Working from offices in Hanley and Walsall, Cream Health Care is a name that is synonymous with Health & Social Care recruitment throughout Staffordshire. Established in 2009 we have become the first choice Health & Social Care Agency for job seekers and employers throughout the region.
To contact the Cream Team about recruitment send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01782 261552.