At Cream Health Care we encourage all our staff, at their initial induction, to become a Dignity Champion.
We select staff who have dignity and respect in their heart as well as their minds.
Dignity in social care ensures individuals who receive care and support are able to make choices about the care they receive. This includes decisions about everyday care needs, such as:
• personal hygiene
• meal and drink choices
• social interaction
• pain management
• moving and assistance.
We expect our staff to put dignity and respect at the heart of all their actions.
The Dignity in Care challenge describes values and actions that high quality services that respect people's dignity should:
The 10 Dignity Do’s
1. Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
2. Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family
3. Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service
4. Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
5. Listen and support people to express their needs and wants
6. Respect people's right to privacy
7. Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution
8. Engage with family members and carers as care partners
9. Assist people to maintain confidence and positive self-esteem
10. Act to alleviate people's loneliness and isolation
Every team member who works at each of the homes we supply are issued with The 10 Dignity Do’s. The essence of many of the 10 Dignity Do’s form part of our preselection process. This ensures Cream Health & Care supply staff with Dignity in their hearts as well as in their minds.
Working from offices in Hanley and Cannock, Cream Health Care is a name that is synonymous with Health & Social Care recruitment throughout Staffordshire. Established in 2009 we have become the first choice Health & Social Care Agency for job seekers and employers throughout the region. You can read what our staff and clients think of Cream Health Care by reading their testimonials here.
To contact the Cream Team about recruitment send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01782 261552.