Jeremy Hunt outlines his 7 principles for Social Care reform ahead of the Government’s Green Paper.
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Speaking at the World Social Work Day conference yesterday, Jeremy Hunt; The Health and Social Care Secretary outlined 7 principles that the Department of Health and Social Care will be considering ahead of the much anticipated Green Paper on Health and Social Care reform.
The 7 principles are:
- quality and safety embedded in service provision
- whole-person, integrated care with the NHS and social care systems operating as one
- the highest possible control given to those receiving support
- a valued workforce
- better practical support for families and carers
- a sustainable funding model for social care supported by a diverse, vibrant and stable market
- greater security for all – for those born or developing a care need early in life and for those entering old age who do not know what their future care needs may be
“By reforming the system in line with these principles everyone – whatever their age – can be confident in our care and support system. Confident that they will have control, confident that they will have quality care and confident that they will get the support they need from wider society.”
Jeremy Hunt, Health & Social Care Secretary; 20th March 2018
You can read a transcript of his full speech here: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/we-need-to-do-better-on-social-care
Working from offices in Hanley, Gloucester and Walsall, Cream Health Care is a name that is synonymous with Health & Social Care recruitment throughout Staffordshire, Gloucestershire and the West Midlands. Established in 2009 we have become the first choice Health & Social Care Agency for job seekers and employers.
To contact the Cream Team about recruitment send an e-mail to: email@example.com or call: 01782 261552.